Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It is Novillo leather. The Dakota has a texture to it that reminds me of leatherette. BMW has remained consistent. The cloth/leather in my Comp.Pkg E46 ///M3 also used the same premium leather material (Nappa) on the bolsters, etc.
Have you seen both (speed vs novillo) in person to confirm this? If no then we still need a confirmed answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I've clarified the statements. They don't give any clue to what leather is used with the cloth. I haven't seen it in person. I don't believe it would be of the same quality as the Novillo full-leather option, given the cost difference, as you reference.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking but it'd be nice to have a confirmation just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvacha View Post
I have seen it person (I have Speed Cloth), but I haven't seen a full leather M3 example, so I can't be absolutely positive but I *think* they are the same. I CAN say it is definitely not the same leather as in my '06 330xi

See my garage over here <-- for some pics
Can you do me a huge favor within the next few days?...I'm sure your local BMW dealership has at least one M3 in stock (at least all the one's around here do). So is there anyway you can go & see/touch the full leather option to confirm? I have a few days to change my order so I'd really appreciate it.

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0