View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #40
tdc
always notorious
Rep
Drives: beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Known View Post
Quick questions.... Do you think I should have it looked at again when I do reach the 1200 mile mark? Should I change my driving style until then?
Absolutely no need to bring it in at the 1200 mile mark. Again, those mileage indicators are simply estimations based on averages not absolute rules.

Granted I have an E46 M3 but I had my "1200" mile run-in service performed at 1060 miles. I had my "15k" service done at roughly 12k miles. My Inspection I service was done at 24k miles. No problems whatsoever. I've only had to top off the oil a single time during those miles (compared to others that have to top off on a monthly basis)

What you should consider is taking your baby out for nice long drives on the weekends. It's what she's built for and you'd be doing her a disservice by relegating her to simple daily driver duty. Let her run!

As for the nonsense about not having all of the 414HP available until you complete your 1200 mile service, that is simply just not true.

The ONLY reason you cannot get 414HP out of your car prior to the 1200 mile service is because most people adhere to the break-in procedure of keeping the revs under 5500. If you check the manual or any magazine, you will see that the 414HP is achieved at an RPM of 8300. Not because of any software governor on the engine. So your CA/SA is talking out of his ass and I highly suggest finding someone that actually knows what they're talking about.