View Single Post
      05-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #63
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, f31 330, f31 328d

Well it seems we were soClose but now so far away.

First off, I thank everyone here for their input. To be honest, I think this thread was good in that it brought the seller to come back to me with somewhat of an settlement that was workable between both parties. It would not have happened if it wasn't for this forum.

With everything said, all I wanted was a settlement of some money back for the damaged tires I brought from the seller. This was something the Seller himself wrote in an email way back in April, if I every other option failed and I had to buy new tires.

I think the issue came to a head when I went thru all the loops he wanted me to check off before I got to buying new tires.

1. First he said it was the tire shop's fault and they damaged the tires during the mounting. I thank the member Kenyon, who is a professional in the tire business, who said on this thread what I researched and found out myself - its almost impossible for a current mounting machine to cause those bubbles found on the tires.

2. Then the Seller told me to go ask a Michelin Dealer to get the tires covered under warranty. I went to 2 separate Michelin Dealers to do so. Both said its not going to happen. I told this repeatably to the Seller, and he still comes back to this point (as you see in his latest offer).

3. Then this week, when I finally ask in detail about getting some money-back, he came to me with an accusation that maybe I drove on those tires and caused the bubbles myself (which I tried to refute with the tire shop witness reply that came to a life of its own).

But to the Seller's credit, he did have an offer for me. $43.00 and a BMW Pulley he was selling on this forum (I asked if he could just sell the Pulley and give me the money from it, but he said no, he want me to have the pulley). He later bumped up the cash to $100.00 and the pulley.

My position was for $300.00 in cash, which in my mind seems fair, considering I paid $1200.00 for defective tires.

We were at an impasse, and that lead me to this thread.

Now, I'm assuming, the seller read the posts because he came back to me today with an offer. Its on this thread, if you want to read it.

The main points of his offer are as follows:

In the interest of not wasting any more of each other's time on this, please consider my proposal:

I will send you $250 if you can do the following:

1. Most importantly, please ship the tires back to me. I know that they were in excellent condition when I sent them out so I am honestly baffled regarding what happened to them. I would like to take a good look at them and whatever the outcome of my inspection may be, I won't contact you about them anymore. I also want to try to get Michelin to honor the warranty myself.

2. Secondarily, if you agree, please contact an admin on M3Post and have this thread deleted so we can put this behind us.

I went offline and tried to settle this once and for all via email. I told him that I would accept the $250.00 and the request to ask the admin to delete this thread (as I said, I just want it over with).

But for the tires, I told him that I want to first have the opportunity to sell the whole set and maximize my profit. Yes everyone, I do plan on telling everyone the back rears has bubbles and show pictures. I figure if someone would pay even $50.00 extra for those bad tires with the good front tires, its better then nothing. Especially since I already paid the seller $1200.00 for the tires, and will now have to sell another $900+ for a new set of tires. Every tire counts.

And I also mentioned to the Seller that I would send him the rear tires, if I just end up selling the front tires only and no buyers come up for the rears.

The Seller did not like this for some reason. He really really really really wants to see/have those rear tires. I guess as people on this forum has stated, he's very meticulous about stuff. But this is when it got weird, at least in my mind.

He told me he will tier the payment of the $250.00 offer until I give him the rear tires. Meaning he will pay me $100.00 now, and the $150.00 later ONLY if I send him the rear tires. If I sell them, he will only have sent me the original $100.00.

I found this very strange. And to be honest with everyone here, I found it kind of shady. In my mind, the seller is saying:

- I sold you tires for $1200.00, and unfortunately they are bubbles on them.
- I will give you a settlement of $250.00 ONLY if you send me back the rear tires with the bubbles. And by the way, not only am I going to look at the tires to see what happened to them BUT I'm also going to try to redeem them myself with the Michelin warranty (I don't believe he will get the warranty, but its just the principle that he wants these tires so he CAN try to redeem them for new ones instead letting me try and sell them for some additional profit).

I ended it by saying I want the $250.00 up front, and I would make a promise that if the back tires are never sold within a month, I would send it to him.

But he balked on that. So back to square one.

So what do you guys think? Should I just go with the $250.00 and ship the rear tires to him? Or is it back to the drawing table and fellow members can help us find a solution. I know some of Nivedh supporters has made offers in terms of cash to end this whole thing, is there something we can accomplish here, cause unfortunately the seller and I can't seem to see eye to eye on this compensation/settlement structure and amount.

2006 M3 ZHP in IB (Crashed) | 2005 M3 ZHP in IB (Sold)
2004 M3 in IR - Current
2018 330ix Wagon - Current
2017 328d Wagon - Current
Appreciate 0