07-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #20
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
It would never make it to court unless it turned into a class action -- your claim would be resolved in artibration. But suit yourself. The aftermarket industry wouldn't be a billion dollar business if that Act didn't do its job protecting consumers.

With the amount of crazy mods that we see here, everything that I've seen fail has been mechanical. Bearings, transmission leaks, failed actuators, etc. None of the dominant software tunes from reputable shops has ever been faulted for a warranty claim for as long as I've been following this board and Bimmerfest. ESS, BPM, etc. know what they're doing and there is plenty of data here to support that it has negligible risk.

If fear of warranty continues to chill you to your bones, there's always Dinan. They've got an aggressive warranty and it is dealer installed.
Aftermarket industry uses that act has a marketing scheme. I think you don't understand that the world is not fair place nor loaded with educated people. Which is why i don't trust anyone. everything is about decreasing and increasing your chances to not get denied a claim. being stock chances are on your side, having a blower chances are highly against you if you brake a major part. like tranny or engine. All BMW has to say is the extra power is what caused it.OR your tuned increased the shift speed, thus caused premature wear.... and they can be dead wrong, but doesn't matter!

guess what ? if you don't like it . go to court "BMW CROP vs you". trust me they don't mind. they have a team of lawyers.

You can even be denied a claim while being 100% stock. they can even accuse you of abuse. happens more than you think with performance cars. even happen to me in the past.

My point is that the act is horse shit because SOME dealerships do not enforce it like they should nor even know what it is.

Last edited by Ezio; 07-13-2013 at 02:53 AM..
Appreciate 0