View Single Post
      04-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Yobao
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M4 6MT

Need some advice on stainless steel line issues

So my ///M was bought a year old and had came with SS lines in place. A month after attaining the car, I started noticing horrible break squeals. I took it into a dealership and they saw that the front discs needed to be changed in 2K miles and states that that maybe the problem and changed it. I did noticed a little reduction in squeal but not much. Decided to drive it for a little while longer to see how it is. Two months later, the squealing was just unbearable. I decided to take it to another dealer that said my SS brake line was warping my rotors because of the pressure (??). They replaced the rotors but states that they may not honor the warranty the next time because of the SS line. I did again noticed reduced squealing but not by much. I then posted my conundrum on this site at that time and the consensus seems to be that SS line causing warped rotors is crap. Suggested solutions were to try and do a bed-in phase for the new rotors and pads (which I did and it was FUN taking it to 70-80mph and back to 10mph), and anti-squeal foam. I tried both solutions and they did not do a thing for the squeals. It's spring time now and this squealing will bring my blood pressure up and induce several mini strokes in me if I don't get it resolved. I've decided that I'll bring it back to the dealer to have them swap out the SS line to stock line and then bring it back to them to have the problem fixed under warranty. My question is: is that possible? Or are they going to tell me that the squeaking is from the fact that I used to have SS line and wont fix it for me. Any advice on this mater is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading guys. Cheers

Last edited by Yobao; 04-04-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0