View Single Post
      12-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND
To my understanding it was IMG's intention to start a compendium of information on already available performance headers.

I understand that seeing a new product released to market can be very exciting and it's tough not to guess at any product's potential benefits and costs before hard data is available, but we've learned over the years that it's best to suspend judgement until production versions are available.

Of course playing with hypotheticals can be lots of fun and I would never attempt to discourage that!

Because talk turned to M24's new headers in this thread, I would like to reiterate that these pieces are still in the pre-release stages of R&D and although IND has quoted some preliminary figures directly from the manufacturer, as a company we will suspend judgement until a finished version is in our hands and available for testing.

Sorry to derail the thread! Hopefully this thread can turn into a comprehensive information database.
Ilia, of course withholding judgement until independent tests are conducted on stock cars without ECU tuning is the best way to go. Hopefully this is the exact type of scientific testing that IND plans to do to determine what gains the M24 headers achieve all by themselves and without any other mods influencing the results. Hopefully your tests will add to this database of S65 header knowledge.
Appreciate 0