12-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
Well put together. Ofcourse it's fun to speculate and discuss, but i prefer to wait and see. Heck, i've only had this one for a year now Usually we can tell alot about the M3 based upon the new M5, so hopefully that won't be too far off. But i do think those 0-60 times are a bit optimistic. I'm also curious as to where the price will be. I paid about $53k for my E46 M3 in '01 and about $70k for my E92 M3 in '09.......about $17K in 8 years.....not huge but still i wonder how much higher they will bring a 3 series car.....hmmmm
Thanks. It is fun to wait and see, but also fun to have a bit of a crystal ball as well. I'll certainly continue to enjoy the heck out of my E92 M3 for a long time also. Not that I care enormously about the 0-60 but do keep in mind the current car has already put down a 4.1. The new car, being turbo charged with way more torque (and wider tires) will be putting down significantly more torque to the wheels than the existing car.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0