04-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Great visit to the dealer for service today

Went to the dealer today to get the ///M3 serviced. The SA was very helpful and did me a few favours. I decided to stick around and wait for my car.

Spent some time with the mechanic that worked on my car. He is specialized on M cars and was very knowledgeable. He was also very nice and I enjoyed chatting with him. He also told me that my software version was E89-10-12-503 and already included the patches that provided the slight power bump (will need to validate this ).

Very nice surprises in the showroom

There was an F10 M5 is mate silver sitting there . I kept hovering around it like a fly sticks around @#%. It had the Siverstone interior with a special perforated aluminum trim I had never seen before. One of the sales rep told me it was only on loan from BMW Canada for the showroom and not for sale. At some point they had to move it out of the way so they could take out an M3 for a test drive. The rep that moved it out reved the engine a few time to the delight of all the onlookers (mostly other reps). He also punched it hard enough to chirp the tires a few times . The M5 sounds awesome in real life . Videos don't do it justice. True, it is not the melody of the old V10, but sounds great nonetheless.

There was also a special edition M3 waiting to be delivered. It looked really nice in mate silver. The inside CF trim also looked really good in real life . The seat with the silver insert and stiching looked very high end and so did the alcantara steering wheel. However, I did not like the M-Power stitching on the e-brake lever as much, kinda cheesy IMO. Great looking car though. Kudos to the new owner .

Oh yeah, there was also a silver E30 M3 in the bay next to my car.

Just wanted to share a nice day hanging around beautiful cars and nice people .

Last edited by CanAutM3; 04-27-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0