11-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #30
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Thanks. Everyone knows that by now. I am talking about REALLY stepping up. As much as I love P cars, I will still say that they are over priced. For the kind of money Porsche demands, more power should be had. For example, for $90k something, x51 should be standard and 400 hp should come with it, and so on.
If there is enough mugs out there willing to pay their prices for the performance they are currently giving then they aren't likely to change things, now are they. The only thing Porsche can be accused of in my opinion is not being open-minded with their design policy, for heaven sake every model looks like a 911, regardless if it looks right or not. Apart form that they are spot on, but for their exclusiveness and quality in engineering you pay a price and it isn't cheap.

In my opinion only one car in recent years that has thrown a spanner in the works and shown Porsche car to be over-priced for what you get, and that car has been the Audi R8. Not only does it out handling and out drive the 997S but it looks like a proper supercar and has the quality and the sense of occasion that no Porsche this side of a Carrera GT can muster. If BMW want to complete with Porsche they need to start building a car like the R8 instead of that poor excuse called the M6.

Sorry guys for being this blunt.
Appreciate 0