Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' MR440i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Curious on what you think of the DD SS5 and M1C. I was thinking of dumping my Zapco DC amps for something else and the DD amps were something I was considering. I have read that the noise floor seems to be a little high on those though. Other options are Arc Audio or Audison. Still not real comfortable with the class D thing for full range but everyone seems to give the amps good reviews.
The DD SS5 & M1c have been in my Chevy Tahoe, just pulled it apart as i sold the truck, The SS5 was powering 2 sets of Focal KR2 in the doors and a JL Stealth 10" in the center console, the M1c was on 4 Alpine type R 12"s in the back, I had no audible noise at all, I have a feeling most people buy DD because they want it loud and run the gains all the way up. Doesn't matter what amp you have if the gains are set high or all the way up, your gonna hear some noise.

As far as digital amps are concerned, nowadays they are just as good if not better then AB or A amps.

I have listened to tons of systems with digital amps and they sound amazing! One was an 335 that had Audison and switched to DD sounded great
+ they do it efficiently, which is crucial on a vehicle like the M3 or any new car that has huge electrical systems run by computers.