View Single Post
      11-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #39
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
I'm only telling you what I know to be true, Porsche until very recently used parts from VAG's parts bin that they hadn't used for a few years. Some may well feel that it's good enough for the job but I was only saying that it's switchgear isn't of the standard that Audi and BMW use (in general). The Panamera is different and to anyone who has sat in or driven one you will instantly notice this, it's THAT apparent.

The steering wheel on BMW cars is something I can relate too, I didn't like the thickness of the M3 wheel but did get use to it after time, but I'm glad to be back to a wheel which isn't quite as thick. I actually find the Porsche wheel to be a little too thin for my liking but each to their own.

When the fit and finish is body panels and mechanical then I'm wholeheartedly in agreement but I will maintain that prior to the Panamera the rest don't have the best interior parts, in fact I would put a £25K Audi TT ahead of a £65K Porsche for interior quality and that includes everything that's in the interior.
Appreciate 0