12-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #119
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
It does not matter one iota to me, zero, zip, zilch. And indeed the Evo's drivetrai is much more technically advanced than the M3. I do not buy a car for technology. I buy for price to performance ratio while combining track ability with luxury, comfort, fun to drive factor and reputation for reliability. These criteria make the Evo a very serious choice except the major drawback of the AWD system taking a ton of fun away from the car and significantly dumming down its driving experience. If you want to buy solely for technology combined with price to performance ratio (and would consider chipping) the Evo is VERY hard to top.
I agree with everything you are saying here so why would GTR fans feel any different, I never buy a car pure of performance though it does play a major role.

You opinion on all AWD system diluting the pure pleasure I can't agree with and it is a little one dimensional which does surprise me. Only FWD bias AWD system are not that enjoyable and this on a part includes the Quattro systems of both the EVO, A3/TT and the A4/5/6/8, these are cars what require your to drive with a distinct style to get anything other than understeer but not cars like the R8, GTR, Porsche 997turbo etc, these RWD bias AWD system only heighten the enjoyment even more because the entertainment is more accessible and in more surface conditions. With cars like the R8 which has always no understeer what so ever means the car can be controlled on the throttle just as good as the M3 if not even more so.
Appreciate 0