View Single Post
      04-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
I think the RA1's might be a better choice. I think they come with a deeper tread pattern new than the NT01. I'm not sure why people don't like them in the wet, they're a great wet tire. They're not a good puddle tire, but a good wet tire.

PSC's are decent on the street, but really expensive compared to the Toyo/Nitto. PSC's are pretty hard to get up to temp too, but I think they'd offer the most grip at temp. They also need a ton of negative camber to keep the sidewalls from wearing...I recall 5 degrees...it's on Michelin's website.

R888's are pretty sensitive to heat cycling and they're noisey and harsh especially after a track day or two.

My vote would be RA1's if you can find them in your size.
Interesting, I didn't even know they still made the RA1, I never see them at the track anymore. I ran those on a different car and really liked the combination of grip and breakaway characteristics. I felt like the RA1's had as progessive breakaway as street tires but significantly more grip. I just switched to slicks shortly after and haven't been r comp shopping in awhile.

I'll check out sizes, I bet my oem 19s are going to screw me with tire selection.
Appreciate 0