Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom11 View Post
i was driving today and i say a BMW that looked exactly like the i8 concept. does anyone know what this was? i know what the normal 1,3,5,6,7 series look like and it was not like any of those. this was in Connecticut. does anyone have any idea what this car was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draman View Post
I hate to add on to such an ambiguous thread but...was this in the Farmington, CT area that you saw this car? Silver? This morning I saw a silver BMW and I have no idea what it was. The thing was absolutely gorgeous. I pretty much assumed it was a new 6 series and logged onto BMWUSA when I got to work. I was going to buy a new 6 series based solely on what I saw this morning. Then I saw the 6 on BMW's site...definitely not what I saw. Looks just as portly as the old 6.

Whatever I saw this morning looked incredible. Low slung, wide. I don't think I'd really describe it as looking like an i8, but it definitely looked more like an i8 than anything else BMW is making. It looked like a true performance machine, whatever it was. The i8 has bicycle tires on it, they are ridiculously narrow. It does not look anything like a performance machine as a result.

I wish I knew what it was, I would buy it in a heart beat. Looking around BMW's site I just don't see anything that it could possibly be, maybe a 6 with a really extreme body kit makeover perhaps.
What about the 6 series Gran Coupe?