View Single Post
      02-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
UPDATE: I went to America's Tire and they used their handheld scanner on the TPMS. All of them appear to be functioning normally. He was able to read all four pressures with no problem. I guess it's safe to assume that they are the wrong sensors.

Does anyone know if these sensors go into sleep mode when they are just sitting. My wheels were only used for less than 1000 miles by the previous owner and stored. If the sensors go into sleep mode, the battery life should be nearly 100%. I'm curious because I plan to sell them.
Sensors do go to sleep to save battery. So while there is still some degradation in battery life over time when sitting, it is not nearly as much as it would be in normal service.

Like you, I would assume that they are the wrong sensors. You've confirmed that they are transmitting, you have tried the reset several times. I think it's a pretty safe bet that if you put them on a 2010 or newer they would work just fine.