11-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #96
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
I agree NA cars make power differently and the drivers play a huge role but in this case the tq of the twin turbo and size of the turbos allows max boost to be made at 4k rpm. this means with an auto like my car the driver has nothng to do with runs and both cars would be in their power curves after every shift. I would love to make some friendly runs with an M for comparison sake.
Right I agree but look at your boost gage next time your ready to start a race when your holding the speed you wan to start>> It will be in neg vac when you begin the race and even thou you see that boost gage climb quickly to your max boost thats time wasted (building boost) where a N/A car is instant no boost to build.

Second
Next time you speed shift look at your boost gage! If your good your boost will drop to 0 if your really good you will hold 2 or 3 lbs of boost, BUT most likely you will go into Neg vac when you shift, witch in turn, time is lost building boost.. (unless you have a two step witch I never heard a BMW with).

I wish I lived back home in So Cal so I could show you what I am talking about>> Look at my second drag video racing a 500hp 350Z, he has 150hp more than me and 160 more ft torque, and you will see how the M's keeps up all the way.. In the end it all driver.

click here>>
Appreciate 0