You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPDPRT View Post
So the steaming feed doesnt transmit trough the cable? Bluetooth isn't needed right?

No. Bluetooth is a form of wireless connectivity. For some funky reason our cars will not allow you to have anything pluged into the USB port IF you are trying to stream bluetooth music. The second you plug something into the USB port, the car deactivates the streaming MUSIC part of bluetooth and switches over to the USB/ipod mode. Its lame. Im not sure why BMW did that to us. We should be able to have bluetooth streaming AND something plugged into the USB port at the same time without it deactivating the BT streaming. So we can toggle between the two. But for some lame reason, we cant do that.

Sounds like you might be trying to use the USB port for charging your phone while streaming bluetooth? If so, it will do that every time. And you will have to go into your cars phone settings, and make sure the music part of your bluetooth connection is toggled back on (at least that's how it is for my 2011). Or use a cig lighter charger.

For me, the fix was to just remove all music from my iphone. Doing that allowed me to stream pandora AND put my iphone in the cradle without it switching over to ipod mode. Besides, ipod is out. Try slacker radio and download songs to your phone!

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0