07-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
Tony_KB
Life the Universe and Everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL
Using a spacer is no different than using a wheel with a more aggressive offset.
I noticed no difference whatsoever in steering feel or responsiveness with 12.5 mm F/R spacers on my ZCP M3.

I did notice a very slight decrease in the tendency of the back end to come out with DSC off.

For track purposes, if you increase the front track relative to the rear you will decrease understeer.

From a purely scientific standpoint, widening the track will increase the maximum lateral acceleration your car will be capable of before breaking traction.

Basically, I have found no downside whatsoever to spacers, and they do make the car look better. Just get a good set and make sure they are properly installed.

I would say from feel and "common engineering sense" that if you widen the front vs the rear you would increase understeer, hence the tendency for the back end not coming out as much when you turn DSC off...