General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
I have to disagree w/ you guys saying GSP uses size and strength to out muscle people at 170. When in fact GSP is fairly small for 170, he only cuts roughly 10lbs before a fight, he is much smaller than guys like Thiago Alvares. GSP uses flawless technique and amazing speed for his takedowns, thats why they are so affective

look at the way he closes distance when he goes for a take down, its lighting fast. I dont think he will loose one bit of speed by going up in weight, not only cause the type of training he does but also the type of diet he will use to get the extra weight

still cant wait for this, look how much attention this is getting and the fight is still theoretical
I did not mean he uses his size and strength to out muscle people all the time. His takedowns as I have said before is because his timing is just the best in the business. He gets the takedown often off a punch, either his own or someone else's. He sets them up superbly.

However, size can partially help negate takedowns. It certainly helps. Anderson is no slouch in the speed department either.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0