View Single Post
      11-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #73
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln View Post
I also think that BMW has misjudged, mis-marketed, and mis-priced this entire generation of M cars. M5's and M6's sit around on dealer lots where I am from, as I have said many times before, with no one willing to pay the exorbitant prices BMW is asking of those 2 cars.

I also think that BMW may have totally miss fired with the new M3 and its pricing when it comes to the US as there are now many options out there for people willing to spend the kind of money on a car that BMW wants for the M3. People now have the C63, will soon have the CTS-V (which is beautiful inside and out), and Audi RS models. I think M may be expecting to cash in on badge buying and recognition when those other auto makers went out and actually made a product that equals M without paying so much for just the badge. We shall see.
I understand your sentiments, but I don't believe that you are accurate. From what I have read, the RS 4 and C63 will be equal to or more expensive than the M3 (i.e. $70-75,000 well optioned). To your point, ALL these cars (including the M5/6) are just too expensive for what the public is willing to pay - therefore, they are just sitting on dealer lots. Just last week, my salesperson was complaining that his dealer was forced to accept M5's and M6's from BMW and that they were not selling, just sitting on the lot and collecting duct. Too expensive.
Appreciate 0