11-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #53
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
No, not necessarily. Just that when you're up 42-7 with 8 minutes left in the game, there is no way the opposing team (who has struggled to get 7 pts) will score another 5TDs and a FG.

The thing is that NE has been criticized for that one scandal and instead of just going in there and win the game, they go in there and just score as many points as possible to show that they can. Perhaps it's also to prove that they are a good team with or without that so-called illegal taping.

I personally dont really care what they do. Im simply saying that they have a point to prove and by driving up the scores, that point has clearly been made.
i hear what you are saying, and if they were trying to prove a point, their is many other ways of doing it.

IMO, its the way the Patriot's play that make them such a good team. They play the same when they are down more then 10 point's, and they play the same when they are up more then 10 points. Or any amount of point's for that matter. They come to play a game, their job is to win, just as any other team. Why should they have to hold the hand of the other team?

And why is this a Patriot's "issue" now? Why has no one ever mentioned this in other sport's, baseball, basketball, whatever. I didn't hear anyone complain when the Red Sox out scored the Rockies 14 to 1.