View Single Post
      02-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #74
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Hey man dont feel too bad. As long as you learn from your mistakes and make every effort not to repeat them in the future then you are good. Some lessons are just hard to learn unless you go through it yourself. I know that I have learned to valuable lessons the hard way in my past two bimmers.

Lesson1: "Thou shall not street race" Soon after I first got my 335i I was coerced into a street race during the middle of the day. Long story short, I was busted racing doing 108 in a 45. It was a 24 point ticket and the DA wanted to impound my car and lock me up for a year. That really scared the shit out of me. I ended up with 8 points on my license and a suspended license for 6 months. Ever since that day, I never ever street race any more.

Lesson2: "Thou shall always leave traction control on unless at the track". After having my new M3 for only 6 months I decided to turn the traction control off to have some fun in the rain. After drifting around every wet corner I could find and trying to show off for a girl, I ended up spinning right into a giant curb at around 40 mph. 15 thousand dollars and 3 months later, im still not exactly sure my car is 100%.