View Single Post
      09-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

CHALLENGE - Carbon OEM Style hardtop - New custom projects at Challenge

Here is a glimpse into another project we have been doing for the s2000 market we are active in developing parts for and racing competatively.

This project began has something i wanted to do for our time attack car for a year or 2. As some of you know, our S2000 has been doing pretty well in the time attack circuit over the past few years in street tire class competition. As always, im looking for ways to improve the car, and so something unique as well. I knew going into this project, it would be an expensive endevour. From a design standpoint, we stayed closed to factory so that we could use all oem style seals and latches. This design can even support the oem glass window with defrost if someone wanted. The lines were cleaned up a bit with the side trims molded in giving it a unique look exclusive to our Challenge roof. With those details in mind, i through up a post on the S2000 forums to see if any other guys would be interested in my roof concept. Lucky for us, we had a few guys willing to take the dive with us and commit to roofs.

Our goal was to make an OEM style roof that was lighter and stronger than the OEM aluminum part, if not THE LIGHTEST roof for the S2000. As with all Challenge parts, quality had to be top notch. All of our current carbon products are now being designed and prototyped in house, and manufactured in the USA. Our carbon composite manufacturing partners have facilities that normally cater to the likes of Indy Car, Dallarha, Speed World Challenge, and many other pro race teams.

Challenge - S2000 OEM Style Carbon Roof

-Full carbon composite constuction, with formed lexan rear window.
-Complete weight with hardware is only 25 lbs!

Here are a few photos we did this week and just finished editing for our website - www.challenge-usa.com

1x1 Carbon roof - pre window installation

Optional Time Attack spec 4x4 V-weave with lexan window installed

Feel free to PM or contact us with any questions.

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 09-11-2010 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0