View Single Post
      08-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #85
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Watdee glorysalapao... I just got back from BKK last month, I'll be back in December. One of my Thai Hi5 friends has a picture of an M3 at a carshow, I think maybe it was at the Bangkok Motorshow.

Just in case no one knows, the M3 goes for about 9.9 million baht in Thailand or about $300,000 USD! So for him to get a 325, he paid more than almost all of us did for our M3s. Cars are very expensive in Thailand and I know many people who came from there who bought exotic cars here because they are bargains compared to their homeland.

So for the outside to look right, you'll want to do the fenders, hood, spoiler, brakes and exhaust (the last 2 I have and I'm selling but sorry can't carry it in my luggage). A lot of people are giving you a hard time about the car not sounding like a proper M3 but over in Thailand it doesn't really matter. An E92 by itself is a status symbol, a fixed up one even more so and not many M3s will ever be seen there. Very few people there will consider him to be a poseur, trust me. Let's be nice to him and trust what he is saying because I can tell you so far he is 100% right.

glorysalapao, if you ever make it out to the states and can carry back a lot of weight, I'll be happy to make a deal with you on my OEM brakes and muffler. Choke dee na krub!