View Single Post
      07-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #47
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

James,

Roll play with me. I am not representing PYSpeed with what I am about to say:
Please let everyone know why you can't just send the hood back to Arkym, and wait for another one. Oh yes, your hood was vandalized by someone that may have not been emotionally stable for only reasons you know. I'm just saying, these are the main causes of these types of occurrences. In your words: "I would appreciate open replies so the community can see whether or not you are trying to help above and beyond the norm, and so that as a single person people can see I have nothing to hide." So this dilemma you have in needing a hood was this caused by Pyspeed? This was a rhetorical question. We all know the answer. If you had an oem hood that was in perfect shape, would you have requested a new one sent first?

From the very beginning I have been seeking ways to help you in your dilemma by trying to reduce the time you are without a hood. I tried to trouble shooting from afar, which is very difficult as one can imagine, all the reasons possible to prevent your down time- being hoodless. I thank you for taking the hood to multiple shops to get their opinions. I only wish we could have seen it for ourselves and this would have been taken care of instantly. But this just showcases how polar things are with internet purchasing --You can get anything from someone across the world but when there is a problem it takes a lot more time and effort to resolve. This should be common sense to everyone as we at some point have experienced this.

"To rejoice in another's prosperity, is to give content to your own lot: to mitigate another's grief, is to alleviate or dispel your own."
Thomas Edwards

This is Bobby PYSpeed back in representing PYSpeed:

Pyspeed has followed the steps of how a business should be run to allow past, present ,and future customers the opportunity to purchase great automotive performance products at great prices. I am breaking the mold and taking a risk to further our relationship with you, James, and offering to pay for a new Arkym hood. I will have Arkym ship one out to you as soon as possible. All that is required from you is to pay for the shipping of your current 'defective' hood once the new one has been installed. Once Arkym has inspected the returned hood and it is found to be defective you will be reimbursed the shipping you paid to Arkym. If it is found to be just like all the rest of the hoods then there will be no reimbursement for shipping.

Please pack the hood well in the same fashion as it was sent to you and make sure you put insurance on it as well. If you do not, you will be liable for any shipping damage and the cost of the hood.
I will hope that all goes smoothly.
Appreciate 0