eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Tell me about your iPad 2.....

Every year, on the last day of January, we get a bonus distributed among all of the employees. This year, I decided I'm going to take $1000 of my bonus and use that to buy an iPad 2 and then put the rest towards some smaller items.

The rest of my bonus (sans the $1000), will go towards paying down bills and towards wedding-related expenses (I'm getting married 5/24/13).

I've never owned an iPhone or an iPad, but I own multiple iPod's and would eventually love to own an iMac. I'm actually an Android guy (Droid X), but I have always respected the Apple brand. Having said that, I don't believe that the Android tablet is even close to being in the same league as the iPad, and therefore, I've decided to go with Apple.

For those of you who own iPads (either the original or iPad 2), what are your thoughts? Let me also preface my thoughts with the following:
  • I own two laptops and a desktop PC
  • I realize that tablets are just glorified (and larger) smart phones
  • I will not be using the iPad as my MAIN computer (nor do I assume I can do this). As I mentioned, I have a bunch of computers already, so if I need to work on a document, telecommute from home, etc, I have other means of doing so.

I want an iPad because they're sick. Yes, so is my phone, but an iPad is also more than double the size of my screen. I'll mainly be using it for web browsing, watching videos, maybe some gaming (though I'll still use my PS3 99.9% of the time), checking email, etc.

Some things I'm looking for:

* What cool things can an iPad do that most people might not know of?
* What are some good Apps that should be first on my list to download?
* What has your battery life been averaging? (iPad 2)
* What are some negative features/aspects of the iPad?

Again, this isn't happening until the end of January, but I want to start looking into this more and performing my due diligence.

I look forward to hearing back on everyone's thoughts, and yes, I expect some flaming. Bring it on. Who says you have to be either Pro Android or Pro Apple? Why can't we use/like both?

Booyah!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0