Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I have to ask (again, I believe) have you driven an M-DCT M3?

Although the lag can feel like a good second at worst I am fairly sure it is never anywhere close to that long. Although a lack of response to the gas pedal seems like an obvious safety issue, in a car with a fraction of a second lag to throttle and 400+ hp it is a bit of a stretch to call this a safety issue.

I know it doesn't mean much to you since I am such a blind BMW fan boy but this transmission still gets a 9.5/10. Some anecdotal evidence suggests that most DCT owners agree with me on this.

Like I just said a few pages back this is the pimple on the supermodels face. It is easy to get worked up about, I certainly do not like the lag but it is really the sole flaw of this system.

RJ: Sounds really promising. Test the hell out of that sucker and let us know! Can you find out the software version number. This is critical.
First of all. I completely disagree with you regarding the lag. It was consistently over a second for me and was incredibly frustrating.

I was given a software number, but it was not one of the Progman numbers. I apologize, but it was a seven digit number if I remember correctly, and I left it at work in my hurry to get out. I'll post it tomorrow, but I don't think it is really important other than for posterity. Just go into your dealer and tell them you have a lag issue with the transmission. Ask your SA and/or tech to contact the regional service rep and ask for a solution. They should know a hell of a lot more than I do about this.
Appreciate 0