12-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #25
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDHNTR View Post
Barry, you are the man! I'm curious to see your build. Keep this thread updated.

I have a similar car to yours. I ran it in DE's this year, and I plan on doing the same next year. I might start club racing it in two years or buy something cheaper. I bought my 2002 E46 with the carbon, the Motons, the AP BBK, and all the power upgrades already done. The only thing I did was have the cage put in it. You are going to absolutely love your car! It feels so much lighter and more rigid on the track than an unprepped E92 (I guess that's a captain obvious point).

Are you painting the outside orange or the inside? I painted my interior orange and left the outside Carbon Black. A black interior would be way too hot.

Here is a picture of my dirty car as it got back from having the interior sprayed (It's a plastic that's sprayed on to protect the paint from overspray).
Looks pretty cool! Looking forward to having it finished...progress has been kinda slow over the past several weeks but we're planning on a DE in mid-Feb. Once it gets back from paint, I'll post some more pics.

Thanks!
BC