Starke391
Starke391
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

re; question on tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
You will be fine on stock rims. OP was running aftermarket rims with a significantly more aggressive offset up front than stock.

Spacers don't "prevent" rubbing...they push the wheel out further effectively lowering or making the offset more aggressive. dialing in more negative camber can help in cases where the tire is rubbing.

You shouldn't have any issues... Are you using spacers currently?
-----------

My car is 100% stock (i.e. no spacers). I have asked my local dealership to check into this as well, but have not yet heard back and need to be ordering a new set very soon (basically running slicks at the moment). Just contemplating keeping it stock or going with the larger 255 front 275 rear. Can I get away with 255/35 and 275/35 or do I need to drop to /30? (or will this not matter?) I did have my car delimited, but top speed isn't a huge concern... just looking for a larger contact patch to minimize the need for MDM or DSC having to kick in upon initial launch. A friend of mine went up 1 size on his M5 and had the recommendation for me, so I wanted to check into it. I love the way my car handles and do hope this won't have a negative impact... but can't image more grip will affect anything other than top speed.

Thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 1