View Single Post
      10-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
My3rdM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E92

[QUOTE=Obrfso;10714997]When my car came to Europe i changed the software in radio, board computer etc.. So there is no difference between Gallon and Liters, am i wrong? The board computer shows me the details in liters and the difference between US and Europe spec in the SAME conditions are completely different. We were driving next to each other non stop for 170 km (motorway etc) and the difference was 3,9 liters.. its not 0,1 liter so there needs to be a difference. I wanted to put the European map in my engine but i have already said what are the results. The last thing which might have an influence in consumption is that US spec is set to 91 Octan petrol but in Europe we put at least 95 Octan. I arranged the meeting with the Guy from BMW Motorsport department today and in 2 weeks when i go to Germany i will visit him and ask specifically. I will let you Guys what he said. To sum up i prefer to look at practical point of View, not checking the theory... In test it might be the same but my experience tells me that its not...[/QU

In Europe fuel octane is rated with RON...Research Octane Number, in the US it is represented with the AKI( Anti Knock Index) this is an average of the euro RON and MON (a different way to test fuel rating) In the end, the result is Euro Ron is 4-5 octane higher than US AKI... Hence US 91 octane is the SAME as Euro 95. It is a misconception that Europe offers higher octane than the US. I use 93 octane shell fuel religously which is the SAME as Euro 98 octane shell... hope this helps
Appreciate 0