01-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicassoM View Post
So I'm getting married in August. I'd like your thoughts on this.

I have an issue with my Best Man. He just got married 3 months ago. He's Turkish-American and isn't very familiar with responsibilities of the best man, however he's not an idiot. We've been best buddies for 10 years, but he's pretty whipped by his new wife. So he isn't attending the 3-day bachelor party (in Montreal).

Based on what i've seen is that they are both insecure of the idea of the other attending the bacheorette or bachelor party (not a good start to a marriage IMO, but that's besides the point).

He hasn't offered to help plan and just doesn't want anything to do with it. He also hasn't had the balls to talk to me about this in person. The bachelor party isn't going to be a cheat-fest, everyone going is married and good guys. Sometimes I'm not sure if he should be the best man.

Personally i'm insulted, we've been friends for 10+ years and they've been together for only 1 year, married for only 3 months. He's 30, she's 24. He's gone from 30 to acting 60 since he met his now wife. He was always a really fun guy and loved to party before he met her.

How would you take this? What are your minimal requirements for being a best man?
To plan the bachelor party. Keep rings for all of an hour. Decent toast.