11-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #32
Bob@BPS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328

More info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvagusta View Post
I'm ready for my coupe... Any better picture's on the muffler;s and also dyno number's and db rating... Is there a race version?? Or a x pipe or high flow cats..for the borla??? thank's or pm me...
I'll take my DSLR with me tomorrow and see if any Kodak moments (Sony, in my case) present themselves. The unit I have on my car was made in R&D and has notes on it in Sharpie, so it isn't a final production model. One issue we all have to consider is whether we're doing a rear diffuser. The Vorsteiner and every other diffuser I have seen is essentially an overlay that will extend the opening of the bumper. This will require that the tips stick out a little farther to look right. I got Tightie sponsored by Borla and the same unit was on his car in the Toyo booth at SEMA. He as a Vorsteiner diffuser, so they have already seen one car with this issue.

They do have a DB meter, and I'll see if I can get that info. I can tell you I was at the local Home Depot tonight. When I came out there was a Firebird (probably 6-8 years old) parked next to me. When I started the M3, it set off the alarm on the Firebird. Again, the Borla is not as loudas the Eisenmann Race, but it is VERY deep sounding.

I can't disclose any other info about design, midpipes or anything that might happen until I have permission. I've been thru the development phase with Borla once before when I got them to make the midpipe for the E46 M3.
I will release more info ASAP.

Bob

Bimmer Performance Store
Appreciate 0