09-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #79
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
Sorry but your price comparison is not correct.
1. If you want to compare like cars than that is fine but then you have to not only compare 4 door sedan than you have to compare Xdrive also.
$42,600 base
Absolutely not - AWD is to be avoided at all costs.

No, I'm serious - I'm coming from the Audi side and for my performance fun car, AWD absolutely has no reason to be included. The S4 would be a much better proposition to me if it were RWD and 200 lbs lighter.

Quote:
2. Then you took out all the options like HK Sound,Satellite Radio, Park Control and Anti theft which is standard on the S4.
No, I didn't - M Sport automatically excludes Park Control (different bumpers). But since M sport is in fact a regular Sport Package with some pretty bits tacked on (suspension is the same), I'd advise anybody to go with Sport Package, PDC and perhaps the style 190 19" rims, and it'd still be cheaper than the M Sport pack.

Everything else was included - Anti-theft, Sat, HK. Why don't you build it yourself and see.

Quote:
Otherwise I think it would be wiser to compare the 335i coupe to the S4 as IMO if I am going to buy a coupe than I would buy the 335i or M3 and if I am going to buy a 4door sedan than I would buy the S4.
That's your prerogative of course, you can compare anything you like and buy anything you want.

But even in the M3 world, the sedan is by far the better deal.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0