10-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
So, ZERO failed drugs tests in the HUNDREDS he's taken, but we should believe the "eyewitness" testimony from people he competed against? And believe them? Or is it he found some uber drug that can't be detected by the tests?
yeah, "eyewitness" testimony doesn't supersede drug testing in a court of law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
can't really detect a blood boost (not that i'm accusing, just sayin')
They can actually do that now. One of the things they are wanting to do is use today's technology to test his blood from all of his TDF victories. Not cool in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
When he claims that he's taken all these drug tests and never failed one, he's not telling you everything. Many substances can be detected and many cannot, and they also allegedly used techniques to mask them as well. Plenty spread across the internets, I don't have enough time to pull anything right now.
The thing of it is, all the top cyclists in the world blood dope. That's why i don't think it's cool that they go back in time to test blood from years ago. The fact that he is the world's most tested athlete means he either dopes a little less than everyone else or doesn't do it at all. Not doing it at all is unlikely. I just don't understand what they want to accomplish with this investigation. Say they finally are able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did blood dope. Who are they going to give his titles to?? Are they going to investigate them just as aggressively? If they do what will happen is the person who finished in the spot behind their limits of blood testing will get the title because all of the top finishers were doping too.

They need to drop this crap, let life move on and be super vigilant going forward. In my opinion anyway. They are stopping him from contributing to other sports like Triathlon and Mtn biking by not letting him compete while under investigation. These other sports as a whole could really benefit and grow from his participation. I know of 4 people who signed up for a race here in FL just because he was going to be in it. I personally think that's lame but a lot of other people think being in the same race as him is super cool and i'm happy for them to be able to participate in a race that he is doing. Not something people could do with elite cycle races.