12-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #94
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post

The problem is, is there's a huge difference between newbies. I much, much larger gap than betwen skilled/experienced drivers. While I'm all for including newbies in the event, newbies aren't a good benchmark to measure any car. I've seen newbies in Civics be faster than newbies in R8s. Obviously that doesn't mean the Civic is a faster car.

You actually have it backward, a skilled driver will have the car doing more of the work, a typical newbie won't even get the car to break a sweat. The newbie may think he/she is fast, but the typically the stopwatch says otherwise.
While this is true some young drivers have raced karts, buggies, motorcycles and all the sort. Racing motorcycles helped me - now getting in a car it feels like slow motion. 9/10 experienced drivers will run a faster time, sometimes there are people out there that have driving skills that are not fortunate enough to make it to the track.

Same driver, one in an m3 one in a c63. I put my money on the m3. Hell, we want them modded. We know what they are able to do stock.
Appreciate 0