05-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #64
mixja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Going from a 335 to a M3 - maybe I should just drive it for a year eh - before spending 5k+

Thanks for the sanity check - I haven't even got the damn thing yet either...
Personally I'd highly recommend Powerchip for the tune. If you are going to get a tune, you might as well go with the one that in the general consensus of this forum seems to offer the most gains (I'm sure other tunes are very close, like ESS and GIAC, but vendor claims and opinion seems to show Dinan is definitely a step down).

Do the tune, air filter, crank pulley and exhaust first (are you looking at a full exhaust? If not you're just buying sound so you could remove it from the list). These mods are actually adding power and torque, more so than the in-gear torque you'd get with the 4.10 FD. Then assess whether you really want the diff. If you really want to save money, consider a primary cat delete instead of an expensive exhaust system - results for me have been excellent, I'm publishing up some test data soon.

Also on the Dinan air filter, honestly this is a 15 minute DIY install - don't pay ~$400 to get that installed.
Appreciate 0