View Single Post
      01-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #97
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
My dealer updated my car in Nov when I brought it in for its 15k service without any problem and I have done the retrofit. Could it be the problems you're having is because you're doing a semi DIY upgrade yourself vs. having the dealer do it themselves? My service advisor said they updated everything to the latest software and although the computer took a little longer and they had to reset some things no other problems. So maybe that may be the problem as I guess sometimes service advisors and managers can be "particular" in what they will do for customer's car sometimes especially when they have done upgrades or DIY work.

Anyway my car runs fine...so far...fingers crossed! Good luck!
To make matters more complicated, some late MY2008 (03/08-on) M3 seem to have the same software version in most of their modules as early (before 03/09) MY2009 M3, so your case is not that unusual.

Perhaps your dealer performed some "special" routine (most probably with the help of the regional rep) that allowed them to override the presence of the new iDrive controller, but definitely ISTA/P knows that the iDrive controller is not the one listed in your VO.
Appreciate 0