05-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #25
attorneyscott
Smokin' a Siglo VI...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i, Dinan Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
Europe is paying already more than $9.50 per gallon and they don't do sh$t...
Well, they do actually - they drive tiny little cars with 660cc engines, diesels, and mopeds. Also they actually use public transportation. You'll notice that cars like your 550 and my 335 are pretty rare over there - most 5-series and 3-series Bimmers in Europe have 2 point something liter engines.

What pisses me off the most about our current high gas prices is the reason(s) they are so high, which have NOTHING to do with any "shortage" of oil. Does anyone really think it's a coincidence that oil company profits have soared over the past few years? They cite "supply v. demand" but it's obvious that their margins have increased considerably in size. Of course, if you believe anything the oil companies tell us in their routine visits to Congress, then you are a complete sucker, kind of like the douche bag with the Suburban with the "W 04" sticker on the bumper. There are relatively few companies in the US that actually sell bulk gasoline to the end sellers (gas stations), which makes it really easy for them to keep prices artificially high. The $135 barrel of oil that is sold today won't show up in your gas tank for MONTHS - why does the price of your gasoline go up TODAY then?

Why do you suppose that we haven't pumped any massive amount of oil out of Iraq since the war there commenced? Anyone remember the Bush administration telling us that the oil pumped out of Iraq's fields would pay for the war? ANYONE? I do. And of course that has not happened, because the last thing the oil companies want is a massive influx of cheap oil into the marketplace.

It's all a load of crap - there is no oil shortage. The petroleum industry (from the Arabs to the Administration) is simply seeing how far they can push us - obviously they haven't pushed far enough, because we're still buying their BS as fast as they can pump it.
'08 E92 335i black sapphire/saddle, 6MT, sport/prem., CA, PDC, Sirius, Ipod/usb, HDR, Htd. Sts., Dinan Stage 3 flash/oil cooler/intercooler/exhaust/Stage 3 susp., MORR VS7's, Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3s, BMW Perf. Parts STSK, Dinan/Quaife 3.08 LSD!!
'06 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged; Zambezi Silver/Ivory/Piano Black Wood, SICK NASTY In Car Entertainment - seriously, will make your brain bleed

Last edited by attorneyscott; 05-24-2008 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0