View Single Post
      08-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #92
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
No, it doesn't at high speeds. Repeating it won't make it so.
Looking at the numbers posted up by this group (that footie just displayed), you're clearly and obviously wrong. Again.

Quote:
Yes I have seen the "evidence". We all know dyno runs not reliable and in fact can be manipulated and we only see the best runs.
Disagree entirely, but how about trap speeds? How does a 300 HP, 3700 pound vehicle get to 104 -106 mph in a quarter mile?

Quote:
This is why I proffered the video of a 333 hp E46 M3 vs a stock 300 hp 335i, many variables are removed and it is real world. A 300 hp car is behaving as it should.
I've already said that the E46 M3 is marginally faster, and why. You offer that street race as some sort of proof? Did you happen to hear the rubber burning at the start? Which do you figure would suffer less under those conditions - sophisticated posi or open rear? Give me a break.

Quote:
Against the 300 hp A6, the 300 hp is significantly faster across the board and if it is not the motor, what else is there?
It IS the motor, but as already completely described, it's also the weight and gearing.

Look, if you have a reading disability, just let me know, and I'll lay off you right now.

Quote:
Hey did you call out the testing methodology error in one of the rags where they posted a 124 mph trap speed??
Yes.

Quote:
111 mph to 115 mph is about right for a 480 hp car.
111 mph is way low for 480 hp and 4000 pounds, 115 is getting close. 116-117 is about right.

Bruce
Appreciate 0