Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06S2K,'11EVO,'11Jeep,'13GL450

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
It's too expensive and too fast to carry 'inadequacy stigma', even if it is 'not german'.

As far as the 'I'm driving a kids (sports/gt) car' stigma, I found that to be a personal problem.
I thought the 3 series would be more 'professional' than my evo... turns out no one could give a rats ass what I drive - so that thought went out the door. I went back to driving what I like driving (fun stuff).

-scheherazade
That is an excellent point, and a funny one, as it hits somewhat close to home. I have had 2 evos and in fact just sold my last one in preparation for an m3. I would get "rice rocket" comments all the time despite my attempts to argue the cars merits/ downplay it as just a very fast, fun cheap, four door... My company is a smaller one and I always felt that the other guys thought I was somewhat immature for driving an evo. I am 27, soon to be 28 which doesnt help either. I really have no idea how the average person precieves a nissan GTR. I think that as a car guy I am way too close to the car to have any idea what the normal everyday person thinks when they see it... The m3 though (esp the 4 door e90) is a much more professional, mature looking car.
'06 Honda S2000 #555 TT5
'16 Porsche GT4
Appreciate 0