02-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #18
kbk_75
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
You guys don't even know about potholes! I live in a small town in Oklahoma and it's an everyday occurrence to avoid potholes..I think of it as playing a game lol
Come visit Bombay, we don't know about roads! Here it's an every day occurrence trying to find a smooth patch of road! That's the game we play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8000 View Post
Probably there is no worst place to drive other than Greek roads... (well mybe there is but anyway). I was also sceptical at the time of purchase of the OEM 19" (I ordered the car in 18" and swaped afterwards), but so far they've been trouble free. I am of course carefull in the way I drive over bumpy roads / potholes (I pay attention, I drive slow and try to avoid them) but there have been instances where unavoidably I have fallen into some of them. No severe instances, but a few "near severe".

My conclusion: The OEM 19" are pretty solid and I don't seem to have any problems.
I can't think of any major metropolitan area in the world that has shittier roads than the ones we have in India. Sure there are stretches in the outback and other wilderness places that have more rutted roads, but for city streets ours have got to be the worst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
In the UK you can charge the local councils if you do damage you car by a pothole. I had a E46 alloy replaced after this happened to me.
Hahahahah! That's a laugh...that's the stuff dreams are made of for people like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
if you live and drive in a area with alot of shitty roads/potholes like NYC/NJ then the insurance could be worth it. On my previous car i got 2 bent wheels, 1 bubble and 1 flat in 3 years of driving. So $600 for 5 years is a great deal.
I bubbled both my fronts within 6 months of buying the car and a friend kerbed a rear and took a chunk outta the sidewall. The fronts cost $400 each and the bloody rears cost $780 a piece in Bombay!

I haven't bent a rim, but I've shot my alignment more often than I care to remember because of our crap roads too!
Appreciate 0