08-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
There was a thread and a bunch of excitement going on about Borla when they were first developing the system. It was exciting due to it's low cost. But quickly after a couple installs the thread died off right after a couple people had it installed and weren't too impressed. it's the thread JeffC mentioned.
+1

That's what I ran into when I was researching a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatlc View Post
Von Zoom, do it! My Borla arrived yesterday morning, I installed myself yesterday afternoon and I love it. There are several posts endorsing the Borla on this site. And it appears those not endorsing are doing so because of past experiences with different a car. The fit and finish is very good (had a Riss Racing exhaust that was poorly constructed, didn't fit my e90 and just plain loud/drone-by the way Riss, still waiting for my &@$!?&@ refund if you're lurking!)

Sounds aggressive at start up with a deep V8 sound. Some drone up to 2k rpm, but not enough to be an issue. Heck, if I'm cruising at 2k or less, it's in a parking lot...and then I want people to hear me coming considering the soccer mom on the phone, yelling at the kids and backing her mini van up in the Walmart parking lot! At cruising speed I can still use my Bluetooth (could not do so with Riss Racing) as it's just a bit more agressive than stock.

Wide open throttle is kinda aggressive...not quite as aggressive as I anticipated from some posts. But that's ok with me.

To further endorse my decision, my 70 year old father-in whose visiting this week said the car sounds like a sports car should (hint-hint BMW M Division). He said the car was too quiet before... But what would you expect to hear from a old muscle car/Nascar fan?
Well, if you say it's good, then maybe it's worth a shot for the OP.
Appreciate 0