View Single Post
      09-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #41
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB View Post
I love this idea. When there is generally so little gain in the muffler anyway (excluding x pipe, test pipes, etc.), I think this makes sense if it sounds good. Once we have stepped down the cost by going to non m3 specific mufflers, I wonder about the next step...using non brand name mufflers like these: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Dual...sim_sbs_auto_4

I'm assuming that the magnaflow mufflers are much better quality? Should I be assuming that?

I chose the magnaflow simply, like you said, for the quality. Looking at the link you just posted, it is clearly evident the quality differences between that and the magnaflow. When I opened the boxes for the MF mufflers you can just see and feel the quality. I have a magnaflow X pipe on the way (part number 10791) to replace the OEM "shitpipe" because the MF pipe has a bigger opening in the crossover. I have deleted the secondary cats and put in straight SS 2.5'' pipes in its place. This, combined with my new resonators I have on the way as well will create a unique sound, and maybe gain about 2-4 horses with the new x pipe, as well. Nonetheless, my muffler shop guy charges me literally almost nothing compared to other customers, so I have saved A TON of money by going the "custom" route as opposed to dropping thousands of dollars on something else. It allows me to experience the different aspects of playing/toying with the exhaust and finding something that I will love!
2008 (07/08) E92 M3 BPM Stage II Tuned by Mike Benvo, 6MT, Turner Test Pipes, Magnaflow Custom Catback Exhaust (Magnaflow X Pipe, secondary cat delete, Aero Resonators and Helmholtz Chambers),Vorsteiner CF Lip, Hamann Style CF rear diffuser, CF Rear Decklid Spoiler, BMW Performance Kidney Grills, CF Side Grills, OEM GTS Wheels, K&N Drop-In Filter, GP Thunder 8k Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors.
Appreciate 0