captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
Frankly, I don't think the OP was looking for an M3. Going from 320d to an M3 even without ZCP would give a stiff feeling. I have ZCP and I do feel that comfort setting is actually what it states even with 19" wheels. Why would you go with 18" so the car is less stiff? You should have bought a 335i or something and that would have done the job.
The 335i sport suspension is actually stiffer (and far less forgiving over potholes and road imperfections) than the M3.

As I stated a few posts back there is very good evidence that the 18s outperform the 19s.

If "Stiffer is Better" was the case race cars would have solid rubber tires and no suspension at all and have the wheels bolted directly to the chassis.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 10-01-2011 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0