View Single Post
      10-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #130
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfriedbutter View Post
Well...I have this noise for sure. My dilemma now is that I was out of warranty on 6/6/12 and have 51400 on the clock.

Does anybody know if I have a case with BMW to goodwill? I'm thinking I will record the sound every time I start the engine up for the next week or so, but I would like to contact someone to get the ball rolling first. Any ideas where I should start?
I would at least try. You can send them the examples from this thread and the videos in this thread in conjunction with your own. Maybe they could look up my puma case in the system? At least in my case, BMW acknowledged this as a real issue.

If they can't or won't help you with a goodwill fix, I say that you enjoy the car. This issue hasn't proven to be anything more than an annoyance at this point.

As an update, this sound has not returned. I don't even hear a hint of it after 10-14 days of sitting. That said, I do get some clickity-clack rattling noise from the VANOS or timing system from time to time but I believe that it is what is generally accepted as normal.