View Single Post
      02-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #44
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I have belonged to Rennteam for a while now. Nothing on that forum is official either. I don't really understand your point. We were comparing MRSP to MSRP. Yes, there are a lot of deals to be had on the 997.

The unveiling may be in March or Sept. You initially said that you expected to get the facelifted 911 in Aug. That would mean that your car would have to have begun produuction around June. Now you say that the unveiling is when the factory is closed (August) so that would mean that he car would not arrive until Nov.

The date that you are referring to (i.e. 03/2008) is not necessarily when the FL specs will be available to the publc.
Huh? The title says M3 w / DCT vs. Carrera S, guess I missed MSRP. Obviously MSRP is in the M3's favor, so what? If its performance for the buck, porsche or BMW are hardly the best option.

The point is the 997S is not going to be DCT less for much longer. The other point is with the upgrades the 997S will be the superior performer. I said they would unveil it close to production, to get a car in August production would have to be late April early June. The last build slot for the current model is early April. I'm not sure what you don't understand. Production would start a little over a month after the introduction, that is pretty darn quick.

I may be wrong on the date it is unveiled, Geneva makes the most sense, the point is Euro dealers have already confirmed all of this. Either way, I'll make sure to remind you of this after the official press release. Info usually shows up on forums before official press releases, nothing new.
Appreciate 0