klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
When a bunch of us from SoCal went up last year in June and did those 3 tracks over a weekend, the impression I had was (I had not done those tracks before) that Laguna was the fastest track, but Sonoma is the trickiest and therefore potentially the most fun. Your car control skill appears to be good enough to enjoy Sonoma.

Why does Sonoma not have many dates? Are most available dates reserved by and for professional racing events?

Re: Thunderhill, man, if I couldn't stay overnight, I'd just drive up early in the morning. Looks to be only a 2 hour drive from the bay area. Congrats on the upcoming baby.
Yea Sonoma is very technical. The walls are what scare me the most there. I'm not sure why they don't have as many dates. I do know they are the most expensive track to rent.

Thunderhill is a 2.5 hour drive for me. Laguna is 1.5. I could drive in the morning, but I tend to have a hard time sleeping the night before track days so it's a big risk.
I hear ya on the sleep. That was an awesome video and the drama of the lap diff in real time was fantastic as well as a useful tool in review Man that video really makes me want to drive out