View Single Post
      04-23-2006, 11:42 PM   #38
no1sportz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhbhaat
I've noticed that most current E46 owners (myself included) are more drawn to the E92. Most current E90 owners prefer, well, the E90. I do hope that's not a case of subconsciously justifying one's purchase.

They're fairly similar designs, overall. The belt line crease is similar, the side profile, the angular lines. Saying that the E92 is "ugly" is just as absurd as claiming that the E92 makes the E90 look "dated." You really can't insult one design without indirectly insulting the other.
I promise I am not trying to justify my purchase. My purchases generally do not last longer than 6 months...lol. I find I am a current e90 owner who does not prefer the e90 but the e46 M3.

The more I think about it I cannot competely state I prefer one series over the other. I like a specific package not just the series. For instance in the e46 I ONLY truly like an M3. The 330Ci looks soft. In the e90 I ONLY truly like the 330 with sport suspension and the OEM 18s the sport package comes with. Take those specific wheels off the 330 and the car loses the appeal.

So in a way you are quite right about how certain comments insult the e90 as well. My car would be "ugly" if I was to swap the wheels to a different BMW wheel. I am hoping BMW brings a different package to the market with a great wheel design that ties everything together and makes you forget how bad the rear trunk design is.
05 ///M3 Imola/Black...gone
04 ///M3 Carbon Black...gone

Last edited by no1sportz; 04-23-2006 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: add
Appreciate 0