View Single Post
      04-25-2018, 06:32 AM   #61
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by beats View Post
I did love the 991.2, enough to buy a GTS when I got back, but my only complaint on it was the exhaust. Given that it was a cab, we drove with the top down as much as we could. I found it a little too drony by the end of the day, so much so that I was actually getting a bit of a headache. It might have been the underrun, not sure. Either way, it seemed to get a bit old (had it in sport more the whole time). With the 3.8 NA I don't think I could ever get sick of the sound. It's glorious, and I haven't had much a chance to rev it out yet.
In the end, the 991.2 GTS is a turbo engine and they all, unequivocally, sound pretty lame.

I've driven the current C63 for several hundred miles and besides sounding 'really loud' it has zero quality to the sound.
I spent 250 miles driving a M4 GTS Sunday night and regardless of the full titanium exhaust, no resonators, overruns, burbles/pops and no fake sound being pumped into the cabin it is clear it sounds like crap. Love the car, but it still sounds like crap. I was also very surprised at the amount of drone in the cabin, it's incredibly loud when it's set to 'loud'
Ditto with the M2

People say 'car X has a turbo engine and it sounds great!'. They confuse loud with good. I'll probably be in the 991.2 GTS sometime this track season and am quite sure I'll get to the same conclusion.

If you've ever heard an E46M/997 GT3/E9XM/E60M winding to redline with a decent exhaust on it, all the pops and burbles in the world aren't going to do much for the turbo engines.
Appreciate 0