View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 07:06 PM   #60
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspireSiR View Post
Was there a big difference in power delivery, responsiveness and overall experience between the 991.1 GTS and 991.2 GTS? Did you prefer one over the other?
Like was said earlier, the 991.2 will have more torque, but it's hard for me to give too much of a comparison given the time between. The 991.2 was also a cab, and a lot of the driving was in the mountains, so the torque would have been used a lot more than on flat roads.

I did love the 991.2, enough to buy a GTS when I got back, but my only complaint on it was the exhaust. Given that it was a cab, we drove with the top down as much as we could. I found it a little too drony by the end of the day, so much so that I was actually getting a bit of a headache. It might have been the underrun, not sure. Either way, it seemed to get a bit old (had it in sport more the whole time). With the 3.8 NA I don't think I could ever get sick of the sound. It's glorious, and I haven't had much a chance to rev it out yet.

I'm doing my first track day this Friday. I will report back. I suspect, much like my E92 M3 I will love it even more after a day at the track. I found the E92 was a great car to drive normally, but you only really appreciated it on the track, every time I came back from the day it was like it was a new car again (in terms of feeling for it). I'm sure the GTS will be the same. These cars are meant to be driven a lot harder than anyone can safely drive on the street. It makes it that much harder to really get a sense for a car in a test drive for that reason IMO.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00